Hey Ladies! It’s time for another year of SUMMER CAMP!! Ladies First is designing the 4th Annual GWP Girls Empowerment Camp, a FREE summer experience sponsored by Tacoma Urban League’s Girls With Purpose (GWP) mentoring program. When you get involved with Girls With Purpose, you join a high-spirited, intergenerational, and multicultural community of women ages 11 and up who are dedicated to building a positive future for themselves and the world.
Tacoma Urban League’s GWP Girls Empowerment Day Camp is August 14-18 and is designed for young women, ages 11-14. We are also looking for high school and college aged mentors to help us lead an unforgettable summer experience. More details are below.
During camp, young women will:
- Preview last year’s camp experience: 2016 Camp Experience
- Develop relationships and sisterhood with a diverse group of women and girls
- Explore expressive/creative writing and strengthen literacy skills
- Increase confidence and positive self-esteem
- Set short term and long term goals with Soroptimist International – “Dream It, Be It“
- Learn leadership skills with Girl Scouts and MultiCare
- Experience off-site, team-bonding field trips such as Color of Justice Conference
- Enjoy delicious meals and snacks
Dates and Time | August 14-18, Daily 9am-3pm (Choose one week.)
Location | Tacoma Urban League, 2550 Yakima Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405
9am-10am | Social Hour + Arrival of Campers
10:00am-10:40am | Opening Activity
10:40am-11am | Transition/Break
11am-12pm | Session One
12pm-12:45pm | Lunch
12:45pm-1pm | Transition/Break
1pm-2:15pm | Session Two
2:15pm-3pm | Closing Activity/Reflection/Snacks
3pm | Campers Depart
Mentors (grades 10-12): We are looking for mentors to help us lead an unforgettable camp experience. For more information or to register, please visit here. Mentor applications are due by July 7th, 5pm. Mentors invited to participate will be notified by July 21st.
Participants (ages 11-14): Please review the documents below and submit the application and hold harmless form by July 7th to Tacoma Urban League (2550 S Yakima Ave) or email them to T’wina Franklin at Ladies1stOrg@gmail.com.
If you have any questions please contact Camp Coordinator, T’wina Franklin Ladies1stOrg@gmail.com or 253.882.7810.