The 2012 Youth & Family Summit was informed by the previous efforts and recent feedback. The 2012 Summit’s youth programming track aims to facilitate educational success among participants through the following:
- Developing and engaging youth in critical thinking about their education, including the role of family, schools, community, and culture.
- Empowering youth to advocate for quality education.
- Equipping them with skills to organize and collaborate with peers to build student organizations.
- Promoting educational achievement and success among youth.
- Engaging youth in critical and productive dialogue about social issues such as equity, race, class, and representation and their role in education.